FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS) Note: Please check back frequently as we will update this list as we receive additional questions. Thanks!
1. When is the reunion? Our reunion will take place August 2-4, 2019
2. Where is the reunion? South Carolina - in Ninety-Six, SC and Greenwood, SC
3. What does it cost? What is included in the cost?
Registration Fees Before 6/1/19 6/2/19-8/4/19Robinson Adults (ages 21 and older) $100 $120
Robinson Teens/Young Adults (ages 14-20) $ 75 $ 90
Robinson Children/Youth (ages 4-13) $55 $ 70
Robinson Infants/Toddlers (ages 0-3)* $ 0 $ 0
Fees for each paid registrant include:
- Commemorative Family T-Shirt,
- Friday Meet n' Greet Spaghetti Dinner,
- Saturday Picnic Lunch, and
- Saturday Banquet/Dance
* Note: Infants/Toddlers age 3 and under attend all meal events
free. Toddler (size 2T-4T) t-shirts may be purchased separately
Paid reunion registrations include one size S-5XL Adult shirt or one child size XS-L Youth shirt for each paid registrant. With special discounts from our minority-owned vendor there is no additional charge for larger sizes.
** Additional items with our family logo are available for order. Add $30 to your registration payment for a bundled keepsake set: baseball cap, tote bag, and drink koozie bundle, OR you may purchase items separately at $15 cap; $15 tote bag; $6 koozie.
*** The last day for the lowest rates is June 1, 2019. Thereafter, we will continue to accept registrations through August 4, but for those who pay the increased fee starting June 2, we cannot guarantee Friday or Saturday dinner seating availability, nor can we guarantee shirt availability, so please, please register early.
4. What is the deadline?
June 1, 2019 is the deadline for everyone for discounted pricing. Prices increase June 2 through August 4, 2019. Please pay as quickly as you can, but definitely before June 1 as we are paying out of pocket to secure all venues, vendors, etc and pay all deposits in order to create a nice experience for our family. Therefore, we cannot make any exceptions to the June 2 price increase.
Our Finance Committee will even work with you on a payment plan to pay in installments prior to June 1. Just let us know how we can help.
5. Is there a special discounted rate at the hotel?
6. Do I have to be a direct descendant of Johnnie and Bessie Robinson to register and
attend? Can I register and pay for friends who are not family members?
Our reunion is focused on the descendants of Johnnie & Bessie Robinson, but we openly welcome all distant cousins, friends, and other loved ones of the family to register and join us.
7. How do I join the planning committee?
Please email us at email@example.com and we will add you to the conference calls. You can dial in from whereever you live and join a sub-committee focused on various aspects of the reunion (eg banquet program, food planning, picnic activities, registration, etc, etc)
8. If I am traveling in via airplane, train, or bus, is it possible to arrange transportation
for the weekend?
If enough people notify us of this interest by June, we are glad to talk to SC family members to organize pick ups, or to coordinate the group so they may rent an SUV/van together, etc. We must get this done by June, however as we don't want to scramble at the last minute. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
9. What if I have food allergies?
Please let us know if you or your registered guests have food allergies. Our
caterer is already aware of at least one shellfish allergy so they are avoiding
that. Please email us if you have an allergy.
10. What is the attire for the weekend?
- Meet n' Greet Spaghetti Dinner = Casual attire
- Picnic = We will wear our commemorative reunion t-shirts for the family photo
(see shirt under "Costs" tab)
- Banquet/Dance = Fun, festive and/or 70s attire is encouraged
- Worship Service = Sunday best attire
Finally, South Carolina summers can be hot, so check the forecast under our
"Travel-Hotel Info" tab and pack accordingly.
11. Are future reunions planned?
We hope so. The 2019 attendees will vote and decide on that during the reunion and a new committee will be formed for the next reunion.
Family is important and with everything going on in our world, it is worth the investment to spend time with family - laughing and recalling special memories while making sure our children and grandchildren get precious time with their cousins and learn to fully appreciate their history.
With all of its imperfections, every family is a priceless gift from God!